FosterAdopt Connect Privacy Statement
In your relationship with FosterAdopt Connect, you can make donations, request, or emails. The types of personal information we may collect include name, contact and billing information, transaction and payment information. Finally if you apply for a job, all related application information will be collected and stored. In order to tailor our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our services, we may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences as a sponsor, and contact preferences.
Use and Disclosure of Information
FosterAdopt Connect uses your information to understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate back to you, update you on programs and special events, and to personalize our services and communications with you. Credit card and/or checking account information is used only for payment processing and is not retained for other purposes. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research or provide you with information we think would be of particular interest. At a minimum, we will always give you the opportunity to opt out or decline FosterAdopt Connect marketing or market research contact. We will also follow local requirements, such as allowing you to opt in before receiving unsolicited contact, where applicable. Furthermore, we use 3rd-party demographic data (such as age, gender and interests) to better understand how our website is used and to make improvements in usability.
Who we share it with
It is FosterAdopt Connect’s policy to ensure that personal data is not used or disclosed except as necessary to provide services, to protect the confidentiality or security of personal data or as otherwise permitted by law. FosterAdopt Connect does not rent, sell, or lease personal data with others. However, in those situations where we retain third parties to perform processing tasks or other activities, and transfers personal data to those partners or to any of our branch offices, we require that these groups agree to provide at least an equivalent level of protection as provided by FosterAdopt Connect.
Links to Other Resources
Our web sites may contain links to other online resources. We provide the links for your convenience, but we do not review, control, or monitor the privacy practices of online resources operated by others. This Privacy Statement does not apply to any other online resources where a link to this Privacy Statement does not appear. We are not responsible for the performance of sites operated by third parties or for your business dealings with them. Therefore, whenever you leave this Web Site we recommend that you review each site’s privacy practices and make your own conclusions regarding the adequacy of these practices.
FosterAdopt Connect will not use or share the personally identifiable information you provide to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without first letting you know and offering you a choice. As previously stated, you may let us know if you do not wish to receive unsolicited direct marketing materials from us, and we will do everything we can to honor such requests.
FosterAdopt Connect takes reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is reliable, accurate, and complete. The steps we take to ensure data integrity are made in light of the purposes for which the Personal Data is used. It is the policy of FosterAdopt Connect to ensure that all Personal Data is maintained only as long as necessary or as otherwise permitted by law.
FosterAdopt Connect is committed to ensuring the security of your information. We have implemented reasonable electronic, physical and procedural safeguards designed to help protect against the loss, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information under our control. We use encryption systems, when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. Certain features of our Web Sites may require you to use an access code, password or similar unique identifier. You are responsible for protecting the secrecy of your account information. Although we strive to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure. There is some risk associated with any data transmission, including the risk that personal information may be intercepted in transit. If a breach of your personal information occurs we will provide a notification within a timeframe and by a manner permitted by your local jurisdiction.
Consent to Transfer
This Web Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Web Site or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Conditions of Use
FosterAdopt Connect provides these services described to you subject to the conditions contained within this Privacy Statement. If you visit our website you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully. In addition, when you use any current or future FosterAdopt Connect website, service or visit any entity referenced by FosterAdopt Connect in its website, you also will be subject to the guidelines and conditions applicable to any such entity.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, photographs, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the sole and exclusive property of FosterAdopt Connect or its content suppliers and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of FosterAdopt Connect and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
FosterAdopt Connect trade names, trademarks, trade dress, and service marks, including those marks indicated on our website are the sole and exclusive property of FosterAdopt Connect including, without limitation, designs, logos, page headers, button icons and scripts (“Marks”). FosterAdopt Connect’s Marks and trade dress may not be used in connection in any way not expressly authorized in writing by the FosterAdopt Connect or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among the public, or in any manner that disparages or discredits FosterAdopt Connect. All other trademarks not owned by FosterAdopt Connect that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners.
License and Site Access
FosterAdopt Connect grants you a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, and revocable license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of the FosterAdopt Connect. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents; any collection and use of any information, images, content or photographs or any derivative use of this site or its contents; any downloading or copying of information for the benefit of another; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of FosterAdopt Connect. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Marks, photographs, content or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of FosterAdopt Connect’s website without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing FosterAdopt Connect’s website name or Marks without the express written consent of FosterAdopt Connect. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by FosterAdopt Connect to access this site.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY FOSTERADOPT CONNECT ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. FOSTERADOPT CONNECT MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. FOSTERADOPT CONNECT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM THE FOSTERADOPT CONNECT WEBSITE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. FOSTERADOPT CONNECT WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Site policies, modification, and severability
FosterAdopt Connect, reserves the right to make changes to this site, policies, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Are cookies used?
Cookies are used to determine the success of FosterAdopt Connect’s website and marketing campaigns. This allows us to be good stewards with the donations that are given to us to determine our online effectiveness, which also helps keep our expenses low.
In addition to cookies, we use other technologies, including pixel tags, to gather information on how our users interact with our website and to help us efficiently monitor our website and marketing campaigns. These technologies, for example, show us popular pages, conversion rates, click-throughs and other information that can be used to improve our website. We also occasionally share select non-personal information with trusted third parties. FosterAdopt Connect and its third party vendors use pixel tags to track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage information to compile statistical traffic analysis or usage patterns. Third-party cookies may also be used to inform, optimize and serve FosterAdopt Connect ads on other websites based on your visits to FosterAdopt Connect websites.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a series of data characters that, when programmed into a website, is placed by the web server into the browser’s application folder on your computer. Once placed onto your machine, the cookie will allow the website to “recognize” you as a unique individual. Cookies do not collect data from the end user’s hard drive.
Can cookies be removed from my hard drive?
Yes, cookies can be removed from your hard drive. Also, depending on what type of web browser and what browser version you are using, you may be able to change the properties on your cookie file so that cookies are not used or saved. Please check with your browser provider for more information on removing cookies.
When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights. This section explains your rights, as well as some of our responsibilities to help you.
Get a copy of your paper or electronic medical record.
You can ask to see or receive an electronic or paper copy of your medical record and other health information we have about you. When asked, we will provide a copy or a summary of your health information, typically within two (2) weeks of your request.
Correct your paper or electronic medical record.
You can ask us to correct or update health information about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete. Please note that we might not be able to comply with your request to change information, but if this is the case, we will notify you of the reasons in writing within 30 days of the request.
Request confidential communication.
You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address. We will say “yes” to all reasonable requests.
Ask us to limit the information we share.
We will keep information provided to us in confidence, and only share information if you have signed a Release of Information. If the event of an emergency, or to lessen a serious and imminent threat to health or safety, we may go ahead and share your information if we believe it is in your best interest.
Client Rights and Responsibilities
All services are provided on a voluntary basis. Each client has the right to:
- FosterAdopt Connect does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its programs or services.
- Expect that all communications and records pertaining to their services will be treated as confidential and protected to the best of our legal ability.
- Request to review their record, in compliance with State laws and FosterAdopt Connect’s Access to Case Records policy.
- Submit a written statement to their case record, as outlined in FosterAdopt Connect’s Access to Case Records policy.
- File a grievance about FosterAdopt Connect services provided or denied to them, according to FosterAdopt Connect’s grievance procedures.
- Know that certain information may be released without their authorization under the following legal circumstances:
- The receipt of a legitimate subpoena or court order, unless a protection order within the timeframe established by Missouri State Law.
- If ordered by a judge or other judicial officers.
- In the event of a medical emergency.
- The receipt of information that suggests child abuse or neglect has occurred. FosterAdopt Connect employees are mandated to report any such information to the Missouri Children’s Division.
- In the event of threat of harm to someone, if that threat is perceived to be serious, the proper individuals must be contacted.
- Receive communication in the format preferred, including verbal, written, or interpreted, if requested.
- Be informed of the hours services are available.
- Have the rules, expectations, and other factors that can result in discharge or termination of services explained.
Clients of FosterAdopt Connect have the following responsibilities:
- Actively participate in services
- Participate as a member of the team, including making service decisions
- Be respectful of FosterAdopt Connect staff and others encountered during service delivery
- Report any concern regarding services, past or present, as outlined in the Client Grievance Procedures
- Provide feedback about FosterAdopt Connect services to help the agency continually improve
Derechos y responsabilidades de clientes
Derechos de clientes
Todos los servicios están ofrecidos voluntariamente. Cada cliente tiene el derecho a:
- Saber que los servicios ofrecidos no será afectado por su raza, religión, género, identidad género, origen nacional, orientación sexual, edad o discapacidad.
- Esperar que todas las comunicaciones y registros relacionados con sus servicios sean tratados como confidenciales y protegidos a lo mejor de nuestra capacidad legal.
- Solicitud para revisar su registro, de acuerdo con las leyes del estado y el acceso de FosterAdopt Connect a la política de expedientes de casos.
- Presentar una queja sobre los servicios de FosterAdopt Connect proporcionados o denegados a ellos, de acuerdo con los procedimientos de quejas de FosterAdopt Connect.
- Saber que cierta información puede ser liberada sin su autorización bajo las siguientes circunstancias legales:
- La recepción de una citación u orden judicial legítima, a menos que una orden de protección dentro del plazo establecido por la ley del estado de Missouri.
- En caso de una emergencia médica.
- la recepción de información que sugiera abuso o negligencia infantil ha ocurrido. FosterAdopt Connect los empleados tienen el mandato de informar de tal información a la división de niños de Missouri.
- En caso de amenaza de daño a alguien, si se percibe que esa amenaza es seria, los individuos apropiados deben ser contactados.
- Recibir comunicación en el formato preferido, incluyendo verbal, escrito o interpretado, si se solicita.
- Estar informado de las horas de servicio están disponibles.
- Se explican las reglas, expectativas y otros factores que pueden resultar en la descarga o terminación de los servicios.
Responsabilidades de clientes
Los clientes de FosterAdopt Connect tienen las siguientes responsabilidades:
- Participar en los servicios
- Participar como miembro del equipo, incluyendo la toma de decisión de servicios.
- Ser respetable a los empleados de FosterAdopt Connect y otros que se encuentra durante su participación de servicios.
- Reportar cualquier preocupación con respecto a los servicios, pasados o presentes, como se indica en los procedimientos de quejas del cliente
- Proporcionar comentarios sobre los servicios de FosterAdopt Connect para ayudar a la agencia a mejorar continuamente
FosterAdopt Connect is committed to handling and resolving any concern or complaint in a confidential, fair, and timely manner. All grievances received will be investigated. Examples of factors and types of complaints include:
- Dissatisfaction with service provision
- Accuracy and timeliness of information
- Cultural issues
- Incidents of conflict
- Inappropriate behavior of staff and volunteers
- Client abuse, harassment, discrimination and neglect
- Breach in client confidentiality
If you are unable to reach resolution with the supervisor of the program, feel free to contact the Chief Operations Officer, Jennifer Johnson via phone 816-659-9354 or at email@example.com; or our Civil Rights Liaison and Director of Human Resources & Administration, Pamela Hulse via phone 816-659-9356 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We utilize the following process:
The client will be contacted by the appropriate management team member within two (2) business days of receipt of the complaint and schedule a face-to-face meeting.
Management staff will work diligently to help resolve the presented concerns and reach resolution that is agreeable to the client.
If the client does not feel the concern was properly addressed and solved, the President & CEO, Lori Ross, will be contacted. The decision from the CEO is final.
You can also file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, calling 1-877-696-6775 or the Kansas Governor’s Grants Program by sending a letter to 900 SW Jackson St., Landon State Office Bldg., Rm 304N, Topeka, KS 66612, calling 785-291-3205 or sending a facsimile to 785-219- 3204. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
Get a copy of this privacy notice.
You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
Updated January 2019