Connecting to Family First
Children coming into foster care have already experienced significant abuse, neglect, and upheaval and entering foster care is often marked by separation from siblings, school friends, and important, supportive adult relationships. Research shows that children placed into the care of their extended family, rather than a traditional foster home, have better long term outcomes.
30 Days to Family® Goals
30 Days to Family® is an intense, short-term intervention designed to increase the number of children placed with family or friends within the first 30 days of children entering foster care. 30 Days to Family® helps foster children experience:
- fewer moves
- fewer behavioral problems
- higher satisfaction with their living situation
- better relationships with their family
- faster reunification with parents
- and are less likely to reenter foster care.