Connecting to Family First
Children coming into foster care have usually experienced significant trauma, many times from abuse or neglect. This is compounded by the separation from siblings, school friends, and important, supportive adult relationships. Research shows that children placed into the care of their extended family, rather than a traditional foster home, have better long term outcomes.
30 Days to Family® Goals
30 Days to Family® is an intense, short-term intervention designed to increase the number of children placed with family or friends within the first 30 days of entering foster care. The program helps children experience:
- fewer moves.
- fewer behavioral challenges.
- higher satisfaction with their living situation.
- better relationships with their family.
- faster reunification with parents.
- a lower chance of reentering foster care.