FosterAdopt Connect 2013-2014 highlights:
- Purchasing our forever home (a 20,000 sq ft building in Independence, MO) and renovating the home to accommodate all of our local program and administrative staff as well as an expanded 18 bed Family Connections Intake and Assessment Shelter.
- Receiving a state contract as a partner with Cornerstones of Care to provide foster home licensing services to more than 400 foster, adoptive, kinship and relative providers in Northwest Missouri.
- Co-hosting an International Child Welfare Conference serving 300 local families and 700 attendees from across North America.
- Growing our successful Extreme Recruitment program, which serves kids who are most at risk of aging out of foster care, and adding a second program that provides similar targeted recruitment for children who are just entering foster care (30 Days to Family). Together these programs have served 118 children and achieved family placement for 77%, and family connection for 99%.
- Creating an innovative new program that provides intensive, individualized in-home support services to families to prevent the need for residential treatment for children with extensive mental health and behavioral needs.
- Achieving accreditation through the national Council on Accreditation for social service agencies and the Heart of America United Way.
- Adding resource centers in Olathe, KS, and Springfield, MO, increasing our outreach and footprint to families who were previously outside of our area of service, so that they too may experience the unique support and services that FAC can provide.
FosterAdopt Connect annual reports:
Read the 2015 annual report
Read the 2013-14 bi-annual report
Read the 2011-12 bi-annual report
Read the 2009-10 bi-annual report