FosterAdopt Connect is a nonprofit organization that specializes in solving problems for kids and families involved in and affected by the child welfare system. Our mission is "to provide foster and adopted children a stable, loving and nurturing family environment by support and advocacy for abused and neglected children and the families caring for them." We began in 1998 as a small support group formed by an experienced Teaching Foster Parent and a brand new, energetic foster parent. Due to our perspective as a grass roots organization formed by foster, kinship and adoptive families, we are effective at implementing innovative programs and services when others might not be.
We have offices in Independence, Chillicothe and Springfield, Missouri, and Olathe, Kansas, four autonomous chapters in Missouri, a staff of over 100, a board of 22, and a membership composed of nearly 4,000 foster and adoptive parents from Missouri and Kansas. Our specialized services and targeted support fill a unique niche where other services for this population simply do not exist. Our kids are among the neediest and most deserving members of their communities. Our services are working, and with your help we can do even more!
At FosterAdopt Connect, we believe the best way to help children who have been displaced from their homes due to abuse or neglect to heal from the trauma they suffered is to place them with caring, skilled, and committed families. To support this belief we offer:
- Recruitment and licensing for foster and adoptive parents
- Training and education to help foster, adoptive and kinship parents meet the very special needs of the children in their care
- Tools and support to help parents provide safe, healthy, nurturing homes
- Targeted support groups for different kinds of families
- Individual mentoring and advocacy to foster, adoptive and kinship parents working to meet
- Children’s mental health, behavioral, physical, and educational needs
- Direct support in the form of a food pantry, clothing closet, holiday programs and back to school program
- Family finding services for children in foster care who are considered "hard to place"
- Crisis intervention services and a Rapid Reunification Program™ through our Intake and Assessment Shelter
- Community support through family events
FosterAdopt Connect does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its programs or services. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and members.